I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season. Although I had two weeks off, the time absolutely flew by and I can't believe I'm back in Ontario and back to work already.
That being said, I'm so glad it's January. The holiday decorations can go away and I can focus more on organizing, decluttering, and finishing rooms around the house.
The blogosphere is jam packed with posts on 2011 wrap-ups and 2012 resolutions, so I'm going to go a bit of a different route, and look at just the month of January. I'm going easy on myself here, because part of setting goals is ensuring that they're attainable!
January 2012 To Do's
- Catch up on laundry. It's amazing what builds up when you're gone for 2 weeks.
- should be able to check this off by tonight
- Pack up holiday decorations and put them back into storage in the basement. Don't do it all willy nilly!
- this will hopefully happen this weekend
- Junk out and organize the junk drawer
- maybe tonight?
- Junk out and organize underneath the kitchen sink
- Donate cookbooks and other kitchen things I've never used
- Find 4 (antique/vintage) wood chairs for the kitchen table
- more on why we need new chairs later
Who knows - maybe I'll be on fire and add some more things to the list later, but for now, there it is!
And to end the post, here are some pictures I took on December 20th when travelling by seaplane from Nanaimo to Vancouver.