The company I ordered from, Barrie Metro Glass, has been an absolute breeze to work with. Every single e-mail I've sent has been answered with amazing promptness. Less than 24 hours after my first inquiry, my glass is on order and will be available for pick up on Monday. And for what I consider to be a wicked good price.
So, here's where I'm at with my first window restore project:
remove window from opening remove old glazing and glass strip old paint sand with 50 grit sandpaper, sand trim with heavy grit sanding sponge patch gouges and holes sand with 80 grit sandpaper, 120 grit sandpaper, sand trim with sanding sponge prime with oil based primer get glass cut
- set glass in sash with new glazing putty and new glazing points
- clean out window opening from dirt and loose paint
- caulk all gaps with paintable exterior grade caulk
- paint window opening and brickmold with exterior formulated paint
- install weatherstripping
- after putty has skinned over sufficiently, prime sash again with oil based primer
- paint sash with exterior formulated paint
Any projects on the go around your house? Let's hear about them!
* I was not compensated in any way by Barrie Metro Glass for writing about them. All opinions are my own based on personal experience. They have no idea that I am writing this!